List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: KDE 4.6 LiveDVD
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-04 9:48:23

On Thursday 03 March 2011 22:30:30 Thomas Thym wrote:
> 2. Do we have any
> permission from Wade to use his pictures (it is all licensed "copyright")?
> I asked him some weeks ago but haven't got an answer jet.

My understanding (I forget who told me) is that some/all of the images used in
the posters are not under free licenses and so we can't distribute them widely
- it's ok (in a practical if maybe not strictly in a legal sense) for Wade to
have them on his personal flickr account and us to print the odd one out here
and there for use at events and so on, but we can't make them officially
available.

Recreating the posters with free images might be an interesting project for
someone...

Cheers,
Stu