List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Promo sprint planning 2.0
From:       Oriol Mirosa <omirosa () ssc ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2011-02-01 17:25:16

A Divendres 28 Gener 2011 04:21:16, Stuart Jarvis va escriure:
> Hey,
>
> On Tuesday 25 January 2011 02:58:51 Justin Kirby wrote:
> > So it seems like things quieted down a bit so I'm going to assume that by
> > now most anyone interested in coming has spoken up already.  Looking at
> > http://community.kde.org/Promo/Scratchpad/Sprint2011 it seems like April
> > is probably a good month.  Ironically, Camp KDE is April 4-6 this year
> > (in San Francisco) and is being co-hosted with the Linux Collaboration
> > Summit ( http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/collaboration-summit).
> > Maybe this is too much at once, but it seems like if some people might
> > already be going to those it might make sense to consider April 1-3 for
> > the promo sprint date.  Any thoughts on that?
>
> Actually not good for me - sorry. I've updated my dates a bit more
> precisely now. Tagging on to the other end of CampKDE (6th/7th onwards
> could be ok). Of course, that's not a weekend which could make it a pain
> for people. I guess San Francisco also adds to travel costs for those of
> us in Europe - compared to somewhere east coast, but attaching it to
> CampKDE could mitigate some of that.

I teach Mon/Wed so anything that involves those days would not work for me
(Apr 6th is a Wed) until classes end in early May. In case this worked for
other people though, does anybody know where more information on Camp KDE can
be found? I am arguably the worst searcher in the world, but I have not been
able to find anything on it so far.

> > Also, I'm not 100% sure everyone read the table Stu setup correctly.
> > It's asking for dates you *can't* make it.  Can everyone double check to
> > ensure what you've got there is accurate?
>
> Yeah, sorry I should have made it clearer. I've capitalised the 'not' part
> now. Please check and make sure your dates are right...
>
> Also, if you have any ideas for venues (anywhere) let us know.

I just updated the wiki page with the option of holding the sprint in Madison,
WI (USA). I study/work at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and after
checking with administration I have been told that it would be possible to get
a room and internet access for attendees. I would have to confirm once we know
the dates and number of people. There are also several accommodation options
to pursue in case we went with this. However, Madison is not on the East
Coast, which as Stu suggested would probably make things easiest for those
traveling from Europe. People would have to fly to Chicago, and then either
take a three-hour bus drive north (the buses leave about every 1:30 hours from
the airport itself) or another 55-minute flight.

In any case, I think that if this has to happen we need to start seriously
working on it now, so I join Stu's call for ideas for venues and feedback.

At this point, we have 10 people who have added themselves to the list of
potential attendees on the wiki. Of these, 3 are based in North America (4
until March, when Aaron will move from Vancouver to Zurich) and 7 (6 until
March) in Europe. 3 of those are based in Spain. Given that, it sounds like a
meeting in Europe after March would probably imply the smallest cost in terms
of transportation. Of course, that depends on having concrete options for
venues there.

Oriol