List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Join The Game website
From:       Nuno Pinheiro <nuno () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2011-01-27 22:21:55

A Quinta, 27 de Janeiro de 2011 21:55:45 Aaron J. Seigo você escreveu:
> On Thursday, January 27, 2011, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > A Quinta, 27 de Janeiro de 2011 18:54:37 Aaron J. Seigo você escreveu:

> > > oh, ok :) i'll have to think about this some more. my first thought,
> > > and i'm not sure it's one even i like yet ;), is this:
> > >
> > > have the three ideas that are there and phrase them as open questions;
> > > get rid of the "Four reasons to join us" header in the process.
> >
> > the stupid designer steps in :D
> >
> > ok so kinda liked the 4 reasons thing visualy :) its difrent from most
> > sites out there and could give some positive reinforcement for what i
> > hope the "client " alrady decided to do.... aka justification to his
> > impulse decisicion to help the prety peeople....
>
> yes, i think they are quite useful ... the questions i'm ponder is:
>
> * what exact text to put there for them

that is my problem :) i need resons  and text :)

> * if there should be links there to expanded pages on each topic

not sure we do... well for exmaple one of the reson could be related to the
developer meetings "you are helping to do"  would be nice to show a list of
the ones we have done as a link...

> * if it needs the text header "Four reasons to join us" header to make it
> explicit or if the items themselves are enough.

i like the "Four reasons to join us" becouse the way i thought the thins is
.... oo i alrady decided to help,,, and you read ooooo "there is 4 reasons i
can justify this great let me read them :)"

The basic idea is first section pretty pictures of lovable elements aka "i
want to be part of this" second section "here is how you can just press that"
last section deal with guilt part "hey here is how you can justify this extra
expense to your wife" also works for yourself ;)

> what do you think?

think  we need help from some one hint hint ;) ;) that can create that sort of
reasons to make you feal beter about you just decided to do :)

but out of my heee well ignorance :) me sucks at marketing text/ideas.

one reson would be .... help us make more developers meetings so we can worlk
harder for you

another ... kde as an infrastuture that you are using right now, help it
flourish...

bffff.....  kde is an internetional INDEPENDENT project you can help keep it
that way.

...... there are many ways one can contribute to kde this is just one of
them....

> > How come 4 colums ??? it was pretty :D just my 2 cents
>
> i also think it's pretty :)
> )
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"