List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo]  Feature Plan for 4.7
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-27 10:18:07

Hi all,

In order to create good release notes for the next release (yes, we're \
early),  we need a good overview of new features and improvements. \
Traditionally, we  keep a list on techbase, which we then base the release \
notes on.

That list can be found at:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.7_Feature_Plan

We do need some help here from everybody -- kde-promo people are awesome, \
but  not omnisavant (is that a word, even?). So please go ahead and edit \
the  feature plan above:

- add features you're planning to work on (also helps coordination with
  others)
- also add important bugfixes (it's easier to have them in one place), but
  only if you're not backporting them (otherwise they're not new in 4.7). \
In   that case, add them to the relevant XML changelog
- remove those that are done for <=4.7
- remove those that will never get done, or fell of the table completely
- update the status of items you know of
- keep the message human-understandable, it's not a personal scratchpad, \
but   others need to know what you're talking about
- bonus points if you add a link to further information, such as a blog \
                entry
- if you doubt if something's interesting enough, put it in anyway. It's \
way   easier to just skip an entry than to miss out on something cool. (We
  developers tend to err on the side of "less cool" rather than "ow wow, \
this   kicks some serious ass"
- Do edit it and add your plans, you can always change something later if \
it   doesn't work out as you planned and nobody will come after you with \
sticks,   stones, or the Wrath of the Release Manager

Thanks everybody for the assistance! It will pay off by having good and
complete release notes.

Thanks for the attention :)
--
sebas