List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: 4.7 release notes early?
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-27 10:09:23

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 01:36:02 Vivek Prakash wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > A Dimecres, 26 de gener de 2011, Markus Slopianka va escriure:
> > > Hi.
> > > I was thinking we could start the 4.7 release notes early. They could
> > then
> > > also serve for the betas and RCs.

Good call, Markus.

> > And translators will have more than -5 seconds to translate.

Indeed.

> Let's use https://promo.notes-dev.kde.org/14 for it.  I've inserted the \
> 4.6 announcements as a template.. as the 4.7 feature plan [1] is updated, \
> let's clear out the old information and replace it.

Probably best is to start with empty categories: Plasma, Apps, Platform and \
 fill in bullet points there, otherwise it gets too hard to distinguish new \
 from 4.6 items (yes, can really be an issue, not know when exactly \
something  was added). The text for the individual items needs to be \
written completely  anyway, so I think it's better starting with a clean \
slate.

We also need to poke developers somewhat regularly to update the Feature \
Plan.  I'll do that just now, in fact.

> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.7_Feature_Plan

Cheers,
--