List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Booklet version 3
From:       Felix Michel <felix_michel () gmx ! ch>
Date:       2011-01-26 23:23:50

> Le mardi 25 janvier 2011 01:32:55, Damien Tardy-Panis a écrit :
> > > Hi Felix,
> > >
> > > That looks very cool. We will have a KDE booth at Solutions Linux,
> > > Paris, in
> > > may. What would be the process to translate this to french ? And then
> > > having
> > > it printed ?
> > >
> > > I'm volunteering, of course.
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > > Gaël
> >
> > I think that is something that will be discuss during the next Promo
> > sprint. But I don't know when it will take place...

I see two possibilities there. We could translate the English version into
French and I adapt the layout. Thats a reasonable work flow for like 5
languages, but if we have more than that (and i think we have), we should
think about another way.  A month ago Javier Llorente asked about .po-files
and i think we have a better workflow going this way.

In order to go this way we have to rewrite the whole layout and set it up as a
xml document. My knowledge of xml is really limited, but i could try it and
may is still a long time and if we have a good set up for translations we can
spread the word easier in many languages!

cheers

felix