List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] booklet
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-09-19 16:06:08

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 13:28, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 17. September 2010 03:54:56 schrieb Carl Symons:
> > By coincidence, I used Scribus today as well. It is definitely not as
> > intuitive as other applications. But I really don't have much problem
> > using it. However, I concur in what Stuart said earlier
> > today...especially that it's your choice. The Scribus interface has
> > taken me some time to figure out; that's part of the reason that I shy
> > away from KWord (my excuse anyway). I kinda like the approach of
> > eliminating the reference to InDesign such as Kurt produced.
>
> I would also suggest to try Scribus next.
> From what I know, it is not fully up to par, but getting closer each day.
>
> I would not try KWord, because so far I've understood that KWord is
> a text processing application and not a desktop publishing one.

Which is not exactly true: while it is labelled as a Text processor,
it certainly uses features very typical for desktop publishing, not
really standard in text processing. Maybe that is one of the reasons
so many people don't use KWord but tend to go to OpenOffice.org
instead: it is actually a DTP tool, although lacking quite some
features seen in other DTP applications, and sad to say so, it is not
intuitive at all. If it were a text processor, it wouldn't require to
choose editing tools every time you try to click on a text...

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org