List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Screenshots KDE booklet
From:       Damien Tardy-Panis <damientardypanis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 10:59:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Sorry for the late answer !

2010/9/15 Carl Symons <carlsymons@gmail.com>

> This booklet should be as polished and elegant as possible. It should
> demonstrate KDE quality.

Agree, it's worth spending time on it! But we should not spend too much time
either : the pace of interfaces' improvements would made it completely
obsolete in a few months... No, I'm just kidding :-) I don't think that's a
big problem if we manage to chose appropriate screenshots.

> I really don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm or disparage
> anyone's contributions. I am related to my inspiration from reading
> aseigo's recent post to this list about "The why of KDE".

Yeah, that's a great talk and indeed it could perhaps lead us to change some
of our ways of presenting us to the outside world.

> Isn't it possible to retain the layout and design of the booklet and
> then flow content into it? Could we establish the current version on
> GoogleDocs as a baseline for the final draft and edit it mercilessly?

I think you can still made some "big changes" on the text. But once the
layout will be more advanced it will not be so easy to modify the text
without making major changes on the layout (mainly due to the text length).
If you want to make this kind of changes (I will help you if I can), we must
tell Felix not to spend too much time on the integration of the text and
screenshots within the booklet, and just to focus on the overall layout
(colors, boxes, ...).

Damien