List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] press package
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-25 20:22:57

Hi all,

For Akademy (and future events) we'll be assembling a press package.
For that we need a bunch of things, part from the akademy team, and
some help from the promo peeps. I've created the etherpads for each of
these - and drafts of what should/will go in. Help is appreciated.
Have a look at the things, see if you could fill something in. It
doesn't have to be good, complete or whatever, anything helps :D

From the akademy team I need more information about the venue. On the
website is some stuff, but a bit more would rock... It should go here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ5dbL7kyNzAZDZ2YjZ4Y181MmNxMjlianBm&hl=en
(now has the content from the website.)
Just adding links from where the info could be gathered is fine if you
don't feel like writing yourself, someone else could pick it up.

From artists I need a "KDE page" - an A4 header/footer or something I
can add the text too. An ODF template would be perfect. Needs to look
professional. Furthermore, I'll need a cover page with text like
"Akademy 2010 press kit" and a nice picture of our community or
something...

For the other promo peeps, have a look at what's below:

List of what must go in:
https://promo.notes.kde.jefferai.org/10

Press kit cover letter:
https://promo.notes.kde.jefferai.org/11

Information about KDE community:
https://promo.notes.kde.jefferai.org/13

Information about Akademy:
https://promo.notes.kde.jefferai.org/12

FAQ/Glossary of terms:
https://promo.notes.kde.jefferai.org/15

Hint for reasonably easy job: the about KDE! get stuff from KDE.org
and the ev website. Will need pics, at some point, but that can be
done in final (ODF).

I also need someone to put the feature guide in a good looking ODF,
which must be based on the ODF template I hope some artist can make...

Now I'm off to bed, need sleep. Lots of it.

Cheers,

Jos