List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] terms for non-core KDE apps
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-25 19:18:14

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 April 2010 08:33:33 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > > What a wonderful cooperation here ;-)
> >
> > I also asked on the kde-look.org site, and send a private message there to
> > a few active users. Maybe some of them have ideas.
> >
> There are some new submissions on the wiki page:
> http://community.kde.org/Promo/Branding/Software_Label
>
> I quite like verbalshadow's, just because it's a bit different, but it is
> messing with the logo form a bit. Otherwise the first row by ivan are quite
> nice too. Perhaps they would look better if they just had the black bit below
> the logo with one of 'powered', 'platform' and 'family' with the full text to
> be used in a mouseover or accompanying text/larger versions of the
> banner/badge.

Yeah, I like quite a few of them. Maybe it's time to announce it on
the dot one more time, tell ppl we're gonna vote for the final ones in
say 2 weeks and see if anything else trickles in. Thank everyone who
has been doing stuff! Maybe make it a semi-public vote, in that we use
the forums for a community vote, and find 3 or 4 other judges.

> I'm not sure why everyone's going for vertical designs - horizontal probably
> fits better for websites and the like.

Often, someone starts something and everyone else follows in that
direction. Just mention it on the page and in the dot thingy?

> Slightly offtopic, how about adding a K-made option for people to put on sites
> (or whatever) that they made using KDE software, in much the same way that the
> Mac html generator adds a 'made on Mac' thing (e.g.
> http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/mbr1x07/)

Oh, yeah, would be nice and easy to do, why not...

> Thoughts? (on designs and our next move)

See above :D

> Stu

Cheers,
Jos