List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE e.V. indiviudal supporting membership campaign
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-07 18:28:41

On April 6, 2010, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> Even help with parts of the tasks is very much appreciated. So if you are
> not a designer, just giving feedback to existing designs would already
> help a lot.

cool to see this moving forward.. woohoo! :)

some feedback:

* it reads like it has two different slogans: "Get your part of KDE" and "Join
the game". i'd suggest either picking one and dropping the other, or doing two
posters (one for each slogan) that can be used in combination in the overall
capaign.

* a cardinal rule of marketing: the logo shouldn't be screwed with :) yes, all
rules are meant to be broken and there are exceptions to be found as a result,
but in this case i'd stick with it. instead of a broken piece of the KDE logo,
perhaps a jigsaw puzzle piece that contains the full KDE logo on it? perhaps a
corner piece, even, since those are special ;)

* "Get your part of KDE" sounds a bit ... agressive and divisive (see Jos'
email for a good reation to that :). sounds like we're all going to be
squabbling over the pieces of KDE as it gets torn apart ;) ... "Get a piece of
KDE"? hm.. "Take part in KDE"?

* if going the "two posters" route, they could follow the game theme. with a
playing piece as the image for "Join the game" and a jig saw puzzle piece for
"Get a piece of KDE" / "Take part in KDE"

other game themed slogans are possible as well, i'm sure :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se