List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] swag for the shop
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-27 8:31:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 26 March 2010 19:26:33 Justin Kirby wrote:
> Hey Stu,
>
> Yeah things did kind of get confusing by the end of that last thread.
> Thanks for kick starting things again.  So towards the bottom there is a
> section on "What needs to happen" as understood it.
>
>  What still needs to happen
>
>    1. Identify artists willing to create designs based on these ideas (or
>    based on ideas of their own)
>    2. Collect these designs here on the wiki
>    3. Obtain e.V. Board approval on proposed designs
>    4. Upload them to Spreadshirt
>    5. Ensure accounting/billing details are properly arranged and
> configured
>
>    6. Advertise the existence of the store to the community
>
> I *think* we need some sort of board rubber stamp approval on these things
> but maybe not?  The other major issue that's up in the air is dealing with
> any commissions or banking info.  I'm unsure if this was part of the
> original idea or not to tack on some commission fee to go towards e.V.
> funding or if we were to just sell them at cost.  Sebas mentioned something
> about not having put any bank account info in to the Spreadshirt account
> yet which gave me the impression that maybe there was a need to deal with
> commission funds or something but I never got full details.  So to answer
> both of these questions I will put together a summary email for the board
> and see what they have to say about all of this.

Good point. We'll figure something out but it's good to get feedback from
them.

> As for sorting out remaining design issues, I guess we just need some sort
> of "final" approval from the artist of each to say "Yes, I'm done working
> on this.  You can submit it to the board for review" or something.

I'd rather have a few good, professional designs before announcing this... And
when we announce it we should do it with a contest to design more stuff. The
existing things have to be good to create a high standard for the new things
;-)