List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Dot Tags
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-10 13:08:58

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 12:33:30 pm Mike Arthur wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2010, at 12:29, Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> > (CCing you Mike - not sure if you're on list?)
>
> I'm not, thanks.
>
> > We have categories already that we assign - I don't know drupal really
> > but I imagine it would be possible to set up feeds by category.
>
> Yeh, should be.
>
> > If we do that, we might also want to review our category list - there are
> > times where I have struggled to find an appropriate one.
>
> I can't actually see any way (as a user) of viewing any of the current
> categories, they don't seem to be displayed anywhere? Is this just me
> being an idiot or is it a result of the Dot theme change?

Afaik the only place they are visible is in the little icon under the date for
each article. The tooltip shows you the category and clicking takes you to a
list of articles in that category. However, the "interviews" category doesn't
seem to have an image and therefore nothing to click. I also can't see any way
of getting a list of categories (other than from the edit article screen).

There is a "create feed" option in the editor interface, but I suspect that is
for incoming feeds, like the Planet and KDE Look panels that we have.

I don't know who would have access to make changes - Kyle Cunningham was
heavily involved in the redesign, I believe, but I haven't heard from him
lately.

Stu