List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Learning lessons from release problems
From:       Lydia Pintscher <lydia () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-13 8:48:23

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:43, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis@gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of people probably see the new version in their package manager and
> install it without reading out promo stuff, which also points to distros being
> best placed to warn users. Of course, we need to let the distros know of
> potential issues so they can tell users, but at present we don't have a
> mechanism for broadcasting information to the distro teams.

We do :) There is a packagers list where packagers from all distros
are subscribed.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager

Lydia Pintscher
ontoprise GmbH - know how to use Know-how

Amalienbadstraße 36 (Raumfabrik 29); 76227 Karlsruhe
eMail: pintscher@ontoprise.de;  www: http://www.ontoprise.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 109540
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Angele, Dipl.Wi.-Ing. Hans-Peter Schnurr