List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] social media todo list and important notes
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-08 17:28:22

On Monday 08 February 2010 16:02:11 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 16:57, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll write a blog post tonight (publish it tomorrow when the SC is out).
>
> Rocking! Thanks a bunch.
>
> > I can also make some updates on Facebook to the main fan page:
> > - Add some screenshots (is there a good place to grab these)
> > - Update the About KDE bit (probably need someone to give me access to do
> > that though - I don't know how these types of Facebook pages work for
> > that?) - Post some stuff on the wall, if no-one else does...
>
> I think at least for the About KDE bit you need to be an admin or
> moderator in the group. And for the KDE fanpage we don't have that
> afaik. I and a few others have access to the K Desktop Environment
> fanpage. I can give you access to that if you want.

Ok, I hadn't seen that one. Yeah, access could be handy - I can add some of
the release parties to the events or add a link to the wiki page at least. I
can probably add screenshots to both groups as "fan photos" anyway (thanks Jos
for the screenshot link)

> Anyone with access to the KDE fanpage?
>
> > I don't have accounts for most of the others - I should really add
> > identi.ca and twitter so that I'll be able to do something useful for
> > that by 4.5
>
> It's not too late yet for 4.4 ;-)

True :-) I'll try and get myself signed up if I remember/have time. Might as
well do it now anyway before I forget for another six months.

(Offtopic - what's the right way to get microblogging added on the planet - file
a bug report like when initially adding a blog feed? And how about the
opendesktop.org/Facebook etc stuff for the new website?)

I'll be offline now for a bit (lab->home->food shopping->eating) but will pick
up replies later.

Thanks,
stu