List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] social media todo list and important notes
From:       Claudia Rauch <rauch () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-08 15:00:29

On 8 February 2010 15:48, Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org> wrote:
> I'll be at work work tomorrow right after the release and Alexandra is
> very busy as well so we need some help with the social media part of
> the release from you folks. Let me know if you can take any of the
> tasks below asap so we can coordinate. I'm on IRC and Jabber until
> tonight.
>
> What needs doing:
> - submission to digg
> - submission to reddit
> - keeping an eye on the discussions on digg and reddit over the day,
> vote on comments and reply
> - submission to /.  (troy?)
> - lots and lots of posts to !KDE on identi.ca
> - lots and lots of posts on Twitter

I'll definitely twitter :)

> - keeping an eye on reactions on identi.ca and Twitter and reply where needed
> - update to LinkedIn group
> - update to Xing group
> - update to Facebook fanpages (one gets posted automatically from dot
> - the other one not but I'm not sure we have anyone who can post
> there)

> - bookmarking of stories on delicious

That I can take care of as well.

> - uploading and tagging of videos on youtube
> - post screenshots to flickr (should be started today already)
> - blog post on planet to tell people to take part in spreading the
> message and push the new buzz.kde.org as the place to follow what
> people are saying about 4.4
>
> ^ This is the most important stuff that really needs to get done.
> Everything on top of that is bonus.
> I will try to do digg and reddit as well as get started on Twitter and
> identi.ca. I can't do the rest as I'll be offline after that.
>
> Some important things for tomorrow:
> We will be using KDE44 as a tag everywhere. Searches in the release
> announcement are set up to link to those so please use them. It makes
> keeping up with everything easy.
> We will be mainly spreading the release announcement and the visual
> guide. Those are most important to get out there. Of course everything
> on top of that like screencasts or stories on news sites is very nice.
> Don't forget them!
> If you are pondering not reposting something because someone already
> posted it: do it again! The more the better. Especially on Twitter and
> identi.ca everyone has a different group of people that follow
> him/her.
>
> Let me know which of the above tasks you can take, please.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> PS: I'll try to be reachable on my mobile phone for urgent problems tomorrow.
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher
> Amarok community manager
> kde.org - amarok.kde.org - kubuntu.org
> claimid.com/nightrose

Claudia Rauch
Business Manager
KDE e.V.
Linienstr. 141
10115 Berlin
Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 0
Fax: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 9
Mobile: +49 178 522 3086

KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Tübingen
(VR1301). Its president is Cornelius Schumacher. For more information
please see http://ev.kde.org, and http://kde.org/