List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] showcase videos for edu
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2009-12-29 2:35:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah the black screens are "transitions".  The video is sewn together from a
ton of little clips.  I haven't figured out how to make pretty transitions
with Kdenlive yet but I still have the source files and might go back and
try to fix the transitions to look a little nicer now that the holidays are
over and I have some spare time.

Definitely agree on the microphone thing and hope to do better with that in
the future though probably won't ever fix it in this particular video
because it would mean starting from scratch essentially unless someone knows
some cool audio mastering tricks I haven't found yet.  I had some difficulty
getting all the levels just right...it's a lot harder to make a nice
sounding recording than you would originally think.  ALSA doesn't exactly
make life simple with these things :)  By the time I got it sounding as
decent as it did I was pretty well frustrated and didn't have the patience
to re-record it all again.

Justin