List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Youtube KDE official channel?
From:       Alexandra Leisse <leisse () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-18 13:33:07

Narf, wrong reply to.... Sorry, Jos for getting this email twice. ;)

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 14:17, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Anne Wilson <annew@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 December 2009 16:48:17 James Cain wrote:
> > > I'll keep an eye on the channel, and when videos start coming in, I'll blog
> > > about it and put a channel subscription link out there as well. Hopefully I
> > > can make a video or two myself over the coming Christmas break.
> > >
> > > There are already a few videos made for the upcoming SC 4.4 worthy of
> > > inclusion there IMHO. The time is now though to get moving on this. Lots of
> > > people with free time over the break (vacations and all) means catching up
> > > on things and it's a good time to be pushing content.
> > >
> > > If I can help further, let me know.
> > >
> > We have links to quite a lot of videos on userbase.  Some are application-
> > specific, and on the how-to theme.  Others demonstrate 'the latest' which is
> > no longer the latest, and we need to review those.
> >
> > I really would like to see as many as possible, of the ones we link on
> > userbase, to be on our own hosting pages, so that they don't suddenly
> > disappear.
>
> What exactly do you propose? Have them in the kde community account in
> youtube or on a KDE server?
>
> Either way, james has a good point, it'd be great to put some content
> online asap.
>
> I'll privately ask alexandra and ruphy to chime in on this thread and
> send james the details for the account.

I don't have the account details. At least I don't remember... I can
digg through my old emails later but I don't think I ever got into
videos.

Blip.tv might be another nice channel but should only be used in
addition to youtube, not instead of [1], and we do have some videos on
there already.

Alex

[1] Go where the people are!
--