List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Text for inclusion on release-notes.
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-13 13:57:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 December 2009 13:06:54 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I'm the currently one developer, and I had the help ( in tips ) from Sandro
> Andrade.
> ( and my name is really Tomaz, with a Z and without an H, not Thomas ;)

Sorry about that, didn't pay much attention...

> The usecases are rather specific.: it's specific for programming classes &
> graph Simulation, as Step is specific for Phisics simulation,
> people without programming skills are unable to use it but to do small
> drawings.

Ok, that's a rather specific usergroup. Means we'll keep it a bit shorter than
eg the Dolphin text ;-)

> since you don't have 4.4 beta installed, I have some pictures in
> http://edu.kde.org/rocs/pics/rocs-full.png

Yeah, found that on your website already.

> The plotting of the graph cannot create a script ( because the script is
> something to transform that drawned graph to it ),
> but you can create a new graph fully by scripting it and changing it's x, y
> position,
> and also, moving the Graph on screen will reflect that changes on code.
>
> I hope I answered all questions,
> feel free to ask more.

Ok, clear. I think the text below describes it just fine (as I took it mostly
from the rocs webpage). I will keep it short as it seems a bit complicated and
users can read more on the rocs website. And I mentioned your name only as you
wrote it, right? Unless you say the contributions by Sandro should be
mentioned.

Current text in the visual guide:
Another new educational game is <a href="http://edu.kde.org/rocs">Rocs</a>,
developed by Tomaz Canabrava. Rocs aims to be a Graph Theory IDE to help
teachers demonstrate the the results of a graph algorithm and to help students
play with it. Rocs has a scripting module that interacts with the drawn graph
and every change in the graph with the script is reflected on the drawn one.