List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] rebranding, finalising KDE 4.3 announcement
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-03 11:00:35

Hi,

Lundi, le 3 août 2009, à 11:30, Jos Poortvliet a écrit:
> > > Ok, now one last thing:
> > > KDE Application Development Framework?
> > > Or KDE Application Framework? What is it? I thought the former but you
> > > use the latter....
> >
> > did we have a final? i've been a bit out of the loop. KADF just seems a
> > bit long. it'll be annoying to say over and over in presentations ;)
>
> Funny. I tried to answer your question, but clearly all our thoughts
> about rebranding have been about the *workspace*. The other two brands
> have been ignored almost completely.
>
> I agree with your sentiment. However I personally find KDE Development
> Platform better sounding than KDE Application Framework. KDP vs KAF :D
>
> What do others think?

Don't rush product names :)

Better just say "KDE libraries" as before for now, IMHO.

After the 4.3 release and in preparation of the movement to a new repository
system (even without) you/we then should finally do/continue the products
definition and naming/branding work, together with a relayout of the
repository structure which reflects this.

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta