List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Developer stats quickies
From:       Simon St James <simon () etotheipiplusone ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 11:09:49

Hi all,

No word from dannya yet, so I may as well just give out the hideous, hideous
temporary code I'm currently using to generate stats :)  To save the strain
on the SVN server, please don't run it until you've downloaded and prepared
the sqlite database.

http://etotheipiplusone.com/svn-stats-analyser.tar.bz2

The sqlite database is available here:

http://etotheipiplusone.com/kde-svn-revisions-1-995731.db.bz2

Download, extract and rename to ".revisions.db" (note the leading "." :)).  It
is ~1.7GB when extracted.

Then compile and run the stats analyser code, ensuring that .revisions.db is
in the working directory when you execute it.  It should then download the
remaining SVN revisions up to HEAD, and do its stats preparation.  A lot of
the interesting stuff is dumped to stdout, so you might want to run via:

./parseqt 2>&1 | tee log.txt

to keep the output in log.txt.  Then you can do e.g.

grep "week " log.txt

to see some interesting stats about the number of contributors in each week,
etc.

You can also do some standard sql queries on .revisions.db itself e.g.

echo -e "select revnum,author,time,message,paths from revisions where author
== 'sstjames';" | sqlite3 .revisions.db

Hopefully I'll get it all tidied up a bit at some point :)

Best Wishes,
Simon