List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Scale 7x Todo list:
From:       "A. Spehr" <zahl () transbay ! net>
Date:       2009-01-28 22:57:48

> Hallo everyone,
>

> > 1) 5 port switch (ian)
>
> For SCALE, I will bring a 4 port router.

Any wireless on it? That could be useful.

> > 2) 4 6ft cat 5 cables
>
> The booths are small, so 3ft will do for some. I will bring a few.

We jump up and down a lot.

> > 3) 2 power strips (Dan Borne)
>
> The tables are only big enough for 3 laptops at the max, so we have
> gotten away with one in the past. However, if there are more folk in
> the booth, we will need two. I'll provide one.

I expect there will be laptops hiding under the table.
And cell phones to be charged, etc. etc.

> > 4) 1 25ft orange extension cord.
>
> Not needed for SCALE as the booths are small. Maybe for any future conventions.

Are you sure? Very sure? This and the above item should be heavy duty, btw.
I'm always one to overprepare. :)

> > 13) 4 Large blue KDE TShirts (Alex you have these?)
> > * as  a side note, if you want to be in the booth you MUST be wearing a blue KDE \
> > tshirt and
> black pants.  We are representing KDE here!
>
> Soundeth like we are going corporate :-) Someone will ywis have to
> provide the shirts as I do not have a clothes budget at the moment.

We have some shirts left over, and do have enough for 3 people. ;)
Give me sizes. Ian seems to think we are all "Large", but he lies.
I do not know *how many* of what sizes we have left...
I'll bring all the swag we have left over from stuff in SF.
That includes a bunch of coffee mugs and mousepads.
Claudia is sending me more stickers.

> > 16) Blue table cloth in the color of any of the Oxygen blues
>
> I'll try to get this.

IMO, it should be linen or cotton. No plastic.
If all else fails, I have one in black that might be large enough.

> > 18) 50" Nylon cord.
>
> Wonder what this would be for? Anyways, I thenk I have one in my wain.

Whoops, where did the other items go? Hmm...
Dan: I think you should make sure that your idea of heavy duty safety
pins is the same as Ian's. Also, a nice vase would work. Cheap at a thrift
store.

Oh, the other items all involve me. Ha.

8) 500 copies of a black and white letter sized fact sheet on KDE
4.2 (Alex)

It sounds like you were writing that last night. :)
Is 500 a random number btw? Do we know approximate attendance?

10) Business cards for eV members and Wade since he is the NA
> contact. (Alex)

What I learned in Jamaica: We should have impressive titles for Asian
business visitors. Do we have any idea how many we might need?

12) 3 Signs promoting the KDE "What does KDE mean to you" theme.
> (Alex please work with wade on this)

Foamboard backing? Depending on size, this could get to be hard
for me to transport. I'm already looking at mugs and t-shirts
here... I think I should get them from Gary so I can see how
much volume I'm talking. I /think/ it all fits in one box at
this point. We might have a lot less shirts than I think.

Do we need another cloth for covering things at night? Laptop/etc
locks?

Press release! They wanted a press release.

I can't help but think I'm forgetting something else...

> Thanks for everyone's help in making this the best SCALE ever for KDE!

> )

Alex
or ASpehr, apparently :D