List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] New Plasma screencasts
From:       Luca Beltrame <einar () heavensinferno ! net>
Date:       2009-01-08 21:19:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

As people reading the KDE Forum may know, starting last week I mentored a
group of "students" to produce Plasma screencasts[1] for documentation
purposes. While they are made using the Notes Plasmoid as a way to explain the
various activities, there are also subtitled versions in the works. I'm
presenting them here for two reasons:

- to show them also to people who don't read the forum;
- to see if they are viable promo material.

The casts are hosted on blip.tv, a good choice because we can use both Free
(OGV) and non-Free(Flash) video formats.
I know I' m biased on this, but I personally like the work of the students so
far. The screencasts are quite comprehensive and try to cover as much as
possible of the topic.

LInks:

Desktop settings (by Primoz) - http://blip.tv/file/1638324
Zooming User Interface (by fengshaun) - http://blip.tv/file/1640432