List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] How to join the KDE promo team?
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-29 14:49:39

Hi,

In an effort to lower the barrier to entry for new and potential
contributors to KDE, I'm making a few techbase pages to guide people in the
process of becoming a contributor.

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Contributor_Paths

I want to get help here on finding what the steps are to become a
contributor to the promotion of KDE. What are the entry points? Where are
the resources? What are the tasks? What is the easy stuff?

My draft ideas are below

***********

This page is a guide to new contributors on how to collaborate on promotion
of KDE.

==Dive In==
What is KDE     --- Be Free, The Answer etc. Also the recent branding stuff
Being honest about KDE4   --- Some third party apps not ported yet etc.
Logos and images for your blog.
Creating a screencast
Writing dot articles
Writing release announcements
Managing misinformation
Manning a conference booth
DIY marketing materials
Speaking at conferences
Undertanding viral marketing --- List of websites that could be hit with
simultaneous stuff around the time of kde releases. I know I've seen stuff
around about this.

== Resources ==
kde-promo@
planet.kde.org