List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4.2 Release Parties
From:       Luca Gugelmann <luca.gugelmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-29 13:13:13

Hi,

On Monday 29 December 2008 08.53:39 Wendy Van Craen wrote:
> 2008/12/28 Jure Repinc <jlp@holodeck1.com>
>
> > On Sunday 28 of December 2008 20:15:37 Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> > > I think it's a great idea! I know of a party in Zurich on Jan 28th and
> > > I bet more people were thinking about that, too. Having a wiki page
> > > somewhere to list all the upcoming parties is a must, but first we
> > > need parties to list...
I'm organizing the party in Zurich. Having a list would definitely be a good
thing, especially to avoid having several parties in the same area.

> [...]
> > > Maybe we can even come up with a nice "greetings video" that could be
> > > shown during the parties.. or live stream or something. ???
> >
> > Yeah such a video would be very nice, if there is enoght time to make it
> > and
> > someone who knows how to do it properly. I loved the video from KDE 4.0
> > Release event @ Google. Probably we could even use that one, a little
> > modified.
> > Live streaming could also be nice.
> I love the idea of live streaming!  It would be so fantastic to have a live
> stream as sort of communication between the different events all over the
> world!
I'm working on getting a live stream of our party (Zurich) out to the world.
Aaron is our guest speaker, so I assumed that there would be quite an
interest. The problem is mostly convincing the university where the event will
be at to not make me pay for the server/bandwidth usage.

(Aaron: you don't know about this yet, I just assumed that you wouldn't mind)

> [...]
> > BTW we could probably also use the database of people who registered on
> > KDE Forums (they just reached 3000 a few minutes ago, congrats). People
> > there enter their county and maybe the admins of the forum could send a
> > special message based on country a few days before the party in their
> > country.
That is a good idea! We have a huge auditorium to fill here, so any idea on how
to get more people to come is very welcome :)

Luca