List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] virtual machines and the 4.2 release
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-11-24 23:02:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 24 November 2008, Martin Konold wrote:
> >From a technical point of view OpenSuse rather easily can create either
> > vms or
>
> a live cd with the same effort using kiwi.
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/KIWI

Suse Studio provides a point-and-clicky-click web interface to this that i
figure will be a bit easier for our marketroids to deal with =) so yes, kiwi is
very cool and useful .. Studio lowers the bar even a bit further.

it also lets us distribute the task a bit: we can add custom packages using
Suse's build service as well ... so we could have a KDE4 Promo repo on the
build service, for instance, with our content packages. one person could deal
with the content packages, another with clicking the button that rolls out the
live DVD, installable distro and/or VM image.

(btw, i wonder if anyone at Novel has realized that Suse Studio abbreviates to
SS or that most "Studio" apps are either IDEs or image creation suites? hm..
not sure that's the name i'd personally go to market with. anyways ... )

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se