List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] virtual machines and the 4.2 release
From:       Klaas Freitag <freitag () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-11-24 21:58:03

Am Montag, 24. November 2008 22:28:22 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Montag, 24. November 2008 20:33:08 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
>
> Hi Aaron,
>
> > On Monday 24 November 2008, Wade Olson wrote:
> > > Yes, I'd cite the two biggest hindrances for me personally to
> > > contribute more to release notes/press release info:
> > >
> > > 1) Up-to-date builds that are easily accessible (as you cite here)
> >
> > suse provides these as part of their factory builds and there is Neon.
> > but yes ... a vm would be even more convenient. we had the nightly live
> > cd's pumping out around the 4.0 timeframe; this just takes it to a more
> > convenient level ..
>
> From a technical point of view OpenSuse rather easily can create either vms
> or a live cd with the same effort using kiwi.
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/KIWI
Yes. Stefan Binner from SUSEs KDE team is providing KDE4 live CDs from time
to time, probably he uses KIWI for that. KIWI is soon going to be supported
in the openSUSE buildservice as well, which basically means that if something
changes the iso/image depends on, it is rebuild automatically.

So Stefan Binner (and/or Will Stephenson) is probably the right person to
talk to.

Klaas

--
Board Member of the KDE e.V.               http://ev.kde.org