List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Changing how we market the workspace
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-15 18:57:37

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 October 2008, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I don't think my idea is very different, but I still want our release
> > announcements to have a title like "KDE Community releases KDE 4.2"
> > instead

<snip>

I had a similar idea, but it took longer than I thought to write :)

"The KDE Community is proud to announce the release of version 4.2 of the
KDE Software Distribution. The KDE software distribution includes many
cross-platform applications, the Plasma Workspace for User-Computer
interaction and stable libraries for 3rd party software development.

== Applications ==
The KDE Software Distribution includes applications for Office Productivity,
Communication, Education, Games and more. These applications are available
for Linux and other Unix variants, Apple Mac, and Microsoft Windows
platforms.

 ... etc.

== The Plasma Workspace ==
The Plasma Workspace offers a versatile integrated workspace for small
devices such as MIDs and netbooks, standard desktop and laptop computers
and larger media managers such as TV media centers. This workspace includes
the KWin compositing window manager, the plasma widget interface, and
service orientated architecture providing the best integration for KDE
applications and other applications.

 ... etc.

== The KDE libraries ==
The KDE libraries are high-level software modules which provide the easiest
framework for third party ISVs to create cross-platform software.

 ... etc.

== Downloading ==
* Tarballs
* Distros

--

"The Amarok Community is proud to announce the release of version 2.0 of the
Amarkok media manager. Amarok is a cross platform application developed as

 ... etc.

--

The KDE Community is proud to announce the release of the Akonadi Personal
Information Management Server. Akonadi is available on multiple platforms

 ... etc.

--

strigi, decibel, eigen, phonon etc which don't depend on kdelibs could have
a similar introduction to the akonadi one.

How does that grab people? I made some simple graphics with kolourpaint.

Best regards,

Steve.

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=productsofthekdeprojectpa9.png