List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE OS
From:       Bernhard =?iso-8859-1?q?Rosenkr=E4nzer?= <bero () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2008-08-21 15:52:32

On Thursday 21 August 2008 17:36:29 Harald Sitter wrote:
> <ruphy> and really really KDE centric, and KDE branded
> <ruphy> the point of reference for other people, a CD that we can point at
> if people want to try KDE
> <apachelogger> well, I am of course available to help :)
> <ruphy> so, let's call it KDE OS
> Opinions? Suggestions? Volunteers?

We're doing pretty much what this is asking for in the Ark Linux project --
it's 100% pure KDE (we don't even include gtk in the core OS), we don't
remove any KDE branding, our current development tree is based on trunk given
the next release won't happen before KDE 4.2 anyway, and we're using some
more Qt things pointing out how the technologies at the core of KDE can be
used in new ways (e.g. our /sbin/init uses QtCore).

If that's of any use, I volunteer what we have as well as any help needed to
get rid of places where we added our own branding (kernel splash screen etc)
or the likes.