List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] First draft for enterprise case studies page
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-18 21:29:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

(Getting my backlog down, arriving here :))

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 10:46:42 AJ Venter wrote:
> Me and Alexandra have been busy working on the case studies site and
> have made some good progress. I am in contact with a large educational
> deployment in Cape Town and Alexandra is working on getting one from
the
> big municipal deployment in
> Munich so we're off to a good start.

If you need a contact there, I can help out.

> In the meantime, I have written a first draft of the page with a basic
> proposed layout and structure. It's still fairly simple as I have never
> done a KDE site before but I wanted to open it up for discussion and
> feedback.
>
> Please let us know your thoughts, ideas for improvement and
suggestions.

I fixed the text in a couple of places, overall, a good start.
--
sebas

["kde-enterprise.inc" (text/plain)]

enterprise users. Tools like KDE's Kiosk allow for fine-grained, profiled lockdown of \
the desktop making it fit into a wide range of support requirements. The fully \
integrated desktop environment and applications provide a desktop that is fully \
equipped for large scale deployments and business use.</p>

educational deployments to provide concrete examples of KDE's applicability for \
enterprise work. Each case study is based on actual deployment scenarios and is, \
where possible, written by the people in charge of those deployments themselves. That \
means: simple, real-world facts from actual enterprise users and technologists.</p>

<!-- Insert most recent case study here -->

<!-- Insert a list of each previous case study here with a link to the full article \
-->