List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE and PR
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-10 12:14:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 09 August 2008, Igor Schwarzmann wrote:
> That is one of many arguments, but I don't think it should be
> the "first one" we should use. Why? Because it's a rather
> technical approach.

yes, it isn't a sales motivator; it's a sales justification, though, so
could/should be a follow-on point post-conversion.

> KDE3 was, from a technical perspective
> superior to OS X and Vista, but it wouldn't caught the eye of
> the targeted group, because it lacked the eye candy, the feeling
> of a complete and accessible system. KDE4 is a much more
> approachable product from this perspective and that's why we
> need to focus on this points - look&feel, accessibility, ... - first.

an interesting challenge will be to use the l&f as a "sugar coating" over our
effort to communicate our unique selling points ...

we'll be meeting together here at akademy to discuss this topic and we'll keep
everyone who can't be here with us in the loop as we do so.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se