List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE and PR
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-08-05 11:34:39

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Igor Schwarzmann <schwarzmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com> wrote:
> > First of all: this is incredibly interesting, and I'd like to thank
> > Igor for bringing this up. If just because he tought me a new buzzword
> > ;-)
>
> Don't mention it. :)
>
> > But this clearly needs coordination, perceverence, hard work, clear
> > vision and someone 'managing' it. Think small projectmanagement. It
> > ain't a piece of cake and can't be done in a random fashion. So I
> > propose: 1. discuss this at Akademy. 2. Start setting up a wiki page
> > to collect the proposals, information and ideas presented here. 3.
> > appoint someone who is responsible for this. 4. Make a list of people
> > who will be involved. 5. Make a list of what has to be done, who does
> > it, and when ('S.M.A.R.T. goals'). And maybe we could move this to
> > kde-ev-marketing (subscribing igor & dotan - proving again one doesn't
> > need to be EV member to be on an EV list)
>
> I agree, but I have to admit, that I'm not the right
> guy for organizing. Ask my colleagues. ,) Jokes
> aside, you're totally right and I think a good structure
> will help us organizing marketing todos much better.

My suggestion: we could work on a general structure during Akademy.
I'll be there from monday evening on until thursday (working during
the weekend, bah!).
After this setup it should be pretty easy to communicate it to those
willing to take over the project (Igor? Dotan?). I might be able to
help when it comes to organizing but I can't foresee atm how much time
I could spend on it.

> Is there a KDE-wiki where we can start?

Maybe I even have a better idea than the wiki. It gives me a little
headache to show any strategy openly to the public... We can talk this
over in Belgium as well.

> > Igor, dotan, you guys are going to visit Akademy? If not, no big deal,
> > but it would be handy for this - meeting face to face makes this
> > easier. Where do you two live?
>
> I'm from Cologne, Germany. Alexandra already offered
> me a seat in her car, but I have to admit, that the akademy
> wasn't on my schedule and I'm quite busy with my day
> job. I would love to talk this over in person, but I have
> to pass on this occasion. Hopefully next year!

What about a phone conference via Skype (for example)? That does make
more sense when a basic structure is there to discuss, of course.

Alexandra