List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE and PR
From:       "Igor Schwarzmann" <schwarzmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-05 9:22:13

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all: this is incredibly interesting, and I'd like to thank
> Igor for bringing this up. If just because he tought me a new buzzword
> ;-)

Don't mention it. :)

> But this clearly needs coordination, perceverence, hard work, clear
> vision and someone 'managing' it. Think small projectmanagement. It
> ain't a piece of cake and can't be done in a random fashion. So I
> propose: 1. discuss this at Akademy. 2. Start setting up a wiki page
> to collect the proposals, information and ideas presented here. 3.
> appoint someone who is responsible for this. 4. Make a list of people
> who will be involved. 5. Make a list of what has to be done, who does
> it, and when ('S.M.A.R.T. goals'). And maybe we could move this to
> kde-ev-marketing (subscribing igor & dotan - proving again one doesn't
> need to be EV member to be on an EV list)

I agree, but I have to admit, that I'm not the right
guy for organizing. Ask my colleagues. ,) Jokes
aside, you're totally right and I think a good structure
will help us organizing marketing todos much better.

Is there a KDE-wiki where we can start?

> Igor, dotan, you guys are going to visit Akademy? If not, no big deal,
> but it would be handy for this - meeting face to face makes this
> easier. Where do you two live?

I'm from Cologne, Germany. Alexandra already offered
me a seat in her car, but I have to admit, that the akademy
wasn't on my schedule and I'm quite busy with my day
job. I would love to talk this over in person, but I have
to pass on this occasion. Hopefully next year!

- Igor.

--
Igor Schwarzmann
Vogteistr. 15