List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4.1
From:       Agustín_Benito_Bethencourt <direccion () ejerciciosresueltos ! com
Date:       2008-08-03 21:33:42

Hi,

since I moved to the south of Spain, where GNOME rules, I listen that argument
all the time. Something like...GNOME is a more mature system and that is why
companies and distros use it as default desktop.

Against perceptions...numbers.

Maybe one thing we can do is putting some energy in listing where kde is being
used and who is using it. I know is difficult to know but maybe we can find a
way that makes worth for companies, govs and associations to add themselves
to a list or a web called "I use KDE" or something like that. I believe the
only way to do something like this is by auto registration so they must to
have a motivation for doing it.

Many projects uses certificates, user numbers, official logos or things like
that to demostrate they use, promote, comercialice... a specific trademark or
product.

Maybe we can think about something in that line, not just for users, but also
for companies.

It is just an idea, maybe not mature enough but can help. I always refer to
companies or specific projects that uses KDE when people make such
statements. This or that company or project cannot be wrong, I usually say.

saludos

--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Director de Ejerccios Resueltos SLU