List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE4. www4?
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2008-03-23 12:36:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle venerd́ 21 marzo 2008, Sebastian Kuegler ha scritto:

> Can you help to write it? The problem with writing the announcement is
> usually:
>
> - someone has to do it
> - the earlier you do it, the more things are missing in the changelog

Well, as said depends from a lot of things and I can't do it in these months
like sayed. I'm not blaming on people like you that do a lot of things at the
same time. I was just trying to solicit other people to give their help.
We are humans not machines :) .
> I do agree that we can do better (much better), and I will really try.
>
> > Another thing I don't like is that we have to refresh http://dot.kde.org/
> > all the day to know when KDE X.Y.Z has been released and just then
> > publish the transalted announce on the local KDE website (if someone had
> > time to translate it in time). And we cannot publish directly the day
> > that has been decided (for example after midnight). This are my thoughts.
> > Can we do something to avoid these problems and syncronize promotion?
>
> Proposed solutions:
>
> - Subscribe to kde-announce
> - Put Italian translation along with others on www.kde.org

Well we sent the announcement to you, Albert and kde-promo ml for the KDE
releases, but the thing is that if I (and other people) have to manage a well
known KDE local website we should have the announce on it in time... I think
I'm subscribed to that ml. So are you saying to me that when I got the email
of the announce than I can publish it on the KDE local website?
> One of the above should be enough.
>
> One day is not fine-grained enough, there are a couple of strings that need
> to be pulled for a release, those are:
>
> - synching to FTP servers
> - announcement on www
> - announcement on The Dot
> - (pre-)announcement for the press channel
> - announcement on kde-announce list

Arg... Too steps... :(
Giovanni

--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.24.3