List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] We need more Oxygen
From:       Sebastian Kuegler <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-12 18:18:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 21:28:56 Joerg Hoh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:21:07PM +0100, Joerg 'Ingrid' Hoh wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:14:11AM +0000, Kenny Duffus wrote:
> > > the oxygen kde logo is not suitable for printing on tshirts as it is
> > > too complex
> >
> > So we need another logo, right? Which one would be suited or do we have
> > to create a new logo which is optimized then for print on shirts?
>
> Ok, I was just pointed to http://www.kde.org/stuff/clipart.php for the less
> stylish logos which are probably ok for printing them on shirts. But we do
> have these logos for years, we don't have anything which referes to the
> fresh spirit of KDE4 and are ok to print.

That can be done by other means. Using "Be free." as slogan, using Oxygen
colors for the print and shirts themselves. Besides that, not all printing is
t-shirts. We do in fact have Oxygen stickers and mousemats.

Behind the scenes, we're discussing in the Board wether we want to continue
working with Fidu, their shipment has been late two time out of three, which
is quite embarrassing. On the other hand, they might not be responsible for
that (Hi DHL!), so switching doesn't help us at all. I expect us to come
forward with a solution next week. Hang on :>

Jörg, did you actually see the stuff that has been around since the last day
of Akademy 2007? Maybe I should take photos and post them. It does look quite
cool tbh.
--
sebas