List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] We need more Oxygen
From:       "Shashank Chintalagiri" <shashank.chintalagiri () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-22 9:34:30

From what I understand, if a tshirt has more than or equal to 4
colours, the cost of production doesnt change. I'm not sure why the
number is 4 and not the usually 3, but it seems t shirts are printed
with 4 base colours. Now, the Firefox logo, for example, has a whole
bunch of gradients, oth in the blue and the red regions. I've got
firefox t-shirts that have the logo reproduced faithfully. I'm not
sure what the process is called, but it basically looks like the logo
has been printed on some kind of paper and then sort of stuck onto the
t-shirt. I dont know how this would react to everyday use, and havent
really washed it enough times to see if the logo will start to peel or
chip off, but right now atleast it looks good. Something along these
lines might be useful for the oxygen logo on the T-shirt.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Martijn Klingens <klingens@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 22 February 2008 00:59, Steve Tose wrote:
> > I don't know of any embroidering technique that uses anything other
> > than different threads to produce different colors. (not sarcasm, I
> > don't know much about it.) How would the embossing work, roughly?
>
> They are different techniques altogether ;) I have a couple of shirts lying
> around with an embossed (but printed) logo, a bunch that use embroidering,
> and combinations.
>

> > I was not able to find any examples of fashion clothing with the
> > oxygen k's complexity. This is why without a specially designed logo
> > we would likely have to go back to an old k logo I guess.
>
> Yes, most likely. But at least part of the Oxygen K is to give an effect of
> depth, and that's why I mentioned embossing, since it can create true
> physical depth and use a single colour logo still.
>
> --
> Martijn

Chintalagiri Shashank
Junior Undergraduate