List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About KDE
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-12 19:10:31

[ Aaron J. Seigo, Mi., 12. Dez. 2007 ]
> OOo and Mozilla have far fewer developers. the linux kernel has more,
> though. our codebase is big, but there are bigger (OOo being one example).
> it would be interesting to see some metrics though; we'd certainly come out
> in the top 1% on any of these metrics.

We are the most productive team messured by the number of applications, at
least if we include all the applications on kde-apps.org.

As of today, there are 2975 applications on kde-apps.org (scored above 20%),
1908 applications on gtk-files.org and 185 applications on qt-apps.org.

Of course, that includes duplicates and invalid entries, and you need to add a
big number for other X11 applications. But this still makes a market share of
more than 50% for X11 desktop applications.

Olaf