List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About KDE
From:       Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev () emailgoeshere ! com>
Date:       2007-12-12 16:04:29

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> "KDE is produced by an international technology team that creates free and open \
> source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's projects are a \
> modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office \
> productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many \
> categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, \
> educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into \
> more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility \
> principles in mind. KDE4's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, \
> Solaris, Windows and Mac OS X."
Replying to my own post,

Are we still (as I think we once were) the largest open-source project
in the world?  (Maybe not in terms of developers...OpenOffice and/or
Mozilla SomethingAnimal probably takes that crown...but what about in,
say Lines of Code?)  AFAIK we are the oldest free desktop environment.
I don't know if we are still the most popular (thanks, Ubuntu).

Anyone think any of these should be added somehow, if they are correct?

--Jeff