List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About KDE
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-12 8:41:45

On Dec 12, 2007 1:48 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> hi all...
>
> read this and weep along with me:

We all know how wonderful this text is ;-)

a akademy 2008 folder has a better text already; of course I love what
I wrote in the Beta announcements about KDE as well but that's about
KDE 4 specifically.

(here you go:
KDE 4 is the next generation of the popular KDE Desktop Environment
which seeks to fulfill the need for a powerful yet easy to use desktop
for both personal and enterprise computing. The aim of the KDE project
for the 4.0 release is to put the foundations in place for future
innovations on the Free Desktop. The many newly introduced
technologies incorporated in the KDE libraries will make it easier for
developers to add rich functionality to their applications, combining
and connecting different components in any way they want.)

Sorry, I'm still way to busy lately :(