List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE 4 Release Party in Hamburg
From:       Sven Reumann <sreumann () community-org ! de>
Date:       2007-11-26 9:19:02

  Hi,

On 18.01.08 there will be a KDE 4 release party in Hamburg. The focus will be
KDE and Desktop linux but presentations about other Free Software themes are
welcome as well. There will be also booths from Free Software companys and
free projects. At the time beeing it is not clear who of the developers and
supporters of KDE will be at Googels in Mountain View and who can come to
Hamburg. But there are enough cool companys and interesting people even in
the north of germany alone to have a great party any way.

As for the location: I'm in negotiation with the Museum of Work ( Museum der
Arbeit ) which is my favourite location. If I'm not successful in this we can
still go to the technical University of Harburg. We can get rooms there, it
is just not so beautiful as the museum and less central.

I've also begun to contact companys for sponsoring and help. Any progress will
be reportet on this list.

The schedule so far: On 18.01.08 from 11/12h till 16:00/17:00h there will be
presentations and booths. So about 19:00h: Party! At 23:00h the keynote in
Mountain View will be transmitet via streaming and made availabe at our
party.

I have no plans for the 19.01.08. so far. I think one day is enough
work in this short time. But there will be a round trip through the harbour
(Hafenrundfahrt) and/or a guided city tour on 17.01 for helpers/supporters of
the event.

So compared with the event in Mountain View this will be a release party
light. It will be fun, though. But befor that there is a lot of work.

Any feed back and help is highly welcome.

        Greetings Sven