List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Release event information and a healthy dose of
From:       "Wade Olson" <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2007-09-18 17:27:20

On 9/18/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Troy Unrau wrote:
> i think it's the other way around here as well: there was never a conscious
> decision to pursue other sponsors.

Yeah, I wrote about this earlier.  Because the focus is truly on KDE
and Google is tackling so much, I never pursued the idea that we'd
look for sponsorship elsewhere.  It would have to be fairly
philanthropic, meaning I'm not really interested in advertising or
talking about sponsors.  This is a fairly unique event and if someone
wants to be a silent partner, then let's pursue it.  But I don't want
"KDE 4.0 release event - sponsored by Pepsi!" everywhere if that's a
donor's expectations.  I didn't get a lot of feedback when bringing it
up before.  Always willing to discuss.

> > Okay, so that's what we're working with so far. When at Akademy, Aaron
>
> i'd like to discuss the rest of this with you off-list, preferably by phone.

Again, I'm always available to set up a bridge line for a conference call.