List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] beta 2
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-05 11:52:08

Hi guys!

I am finishing the beta 2 article. Text done. Now screenshots. Now as
I'm not at home (where I have KDE 4 running) I gotta get those shots
from blogs etc. I hope it's ok, anyone knows if that might be a
problem?

I have screenshots for:
Avogadro from blog
Amarok from blog
Mosfet's work from blog as well as from the commit digest (that's ok,
right, danny?)

And I have a screenshot from Troy from his article showing the KDE 4
desktop. Now if I can't use that (which I can imagine) I need someone
to make a shot from a KDE 4 desktop, preferably with some apps. Not
too crowded, please, but make it a bit fancy (eg a transparent Konsole
is always nice, shadows of course, and maybe dolphin/okular, a
game/edu/kalzium thing?

I can't get the screenshots for Kexi, as the hompage is down :(
(shots from http://kdedevelopers.org/node/2955). So I don't really
have a very good KOffice screenshot. anyone who can help with that
within a few hours?

Due to time issue, I'm not gonna wait 4 hours to get confirmation that
it's OK to take those screenshots from the blogs. If it's not, tell me
soon, or we simply have to change them later on... which, of course,
is no problem. I just want this online.

I'm gonna pick the final pictures now, gonna resize etc them, then
pack it all in a tar.gz, send the announcement to the dot editors and
the whole article to whoever can get it online. Needs someone with svn
access. Until now, Sebas has done this, so I'll email it to kde-promo,
him and danny - hope someone can do that.

I will start to think about getting a svn account in the future, but
don't rush me. I still think SVN is a scary hacker tool, and I don't
consider myself a hacker, sorry.

grtz

Jos