List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Beta 2 announcement
From:       Joseph Gaffney <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2007-09-03 17:17:56

On Sep 2, 2007, at 6:47 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> Dear people,
>
> I have the first drafts for the Beta 2 announcement ready. This
> time, I have NOT contacted a bunch of distributions about their
> plans for Beta 2, as I generally receive the same stuff (Kubuntu
> and OpenSuse have packages for their stable distro, others only
> have packages in their development branch).

<SNIP>

Okie dokies....

Dot announcement, I'd drop the comma:

This release marks the beginning of the feature freeze and the
stabilization of the current codebase

Next bit:

Now it is time to start polishing these features; writing and
translating documentation, improving the usability, and finessing the
artwork.  As KDE 4.0 is feature-frozen now, going full on into
bugfixing mode, major ideas and changes will be held off until 4.1
However, some KDE components, such as Plasma, are exempt from this
freeze and will still see major improvements.

I'm now fidgeting as I contemplate my placing of a bid on a house, so
I will leave any comments on the other doc to others/later in the day
(post-BBQ of my own).

-Joe