List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Beta 2 announcement
From:       "Steve Tose" <stevetose () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-03 16:34:50

On 9/2/07, Jos Poortvliet <jos@mijnkamer.nl> wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> I have the first drafts for the Beta 2 announcement ready. This time, I have
> NOT contacted a bunch of distributions about their plans for Beta 2, as I
> generally receive the same stuff (Kubuntu and OpenSuse have packages for
> their stable distro, others only have packages in their development branch).
>
> I wrote about the summer of code results, this needs ppl to go through, as I
> haven't contacted ALL students about their parts. And yes, it's not
> complete, feel free to add stuff. I just don't have the energy and time to
> write extensively about ALL SoC stuff - its soo much...
>
> I have the Dot announcement, and the info page. Both not ready, probably
> some errors etc.
>
> PLEASE just take a minute, read through it, and mention those small mistakes
> you see (and the larger as well, of course). It's really a big thing for me
> if you take this minute, and it doesn't cost you much time, so again -
> please. I don't feel comfortable letting sebas do all the fixing of my
> mistakes, he has enough to do, and besides, more eyeballs... you know the
> drill...
>
> One thing to specifically note:
> In light of the recent change in release schedule (and some first emails
> requesting exceptions) I changed the part about "plasma is exempt from
> feature freeze" to "Yet some KDE components like Plasma are exempt from this
> freeze, so in some area's, KDE will still see major improvements."
>
> thank you in advance.
>
> Love,
>

> Jos

Two minutes or so didn't reveal anything, but three minutes suggests
some minor changes for the dot announce!
I would change the 2nd, 3rd & 4th sentences of paragraph 2 to;

"Now it is time to start polishing these features, <to> write and
translate documentation and <to> improve the artwork and usability.
Bigger changes in the sourcecode will now have to wait for KDE 4.1< .
> KDE 4.0 is feature-frozen now and going into bugfixing mode. Yet
some KDE components like Plasma are exempt from this freeze, so in
some areas KDE will still see major improvements."
(In your 2nd sentence the verbs have been restored, I think your 3rd
sentence should actually be 2. In your 4th, the extraneous apostrophe
and comma are removed from 'areas'.)
IANAECP (I am not an English Comp Professor)

I'll move on to the info page and see if I have further suggestions!
Thanks for the good work.