List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [kde-ev-marketing] Beta 2 announcement
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-03 15:58:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 9/3/07, Wade Olson <wade@corefunction.com> wrote:

> On 9/3/07, Jos Poortvliet <jos@mijnkamer.nl> wrote:
> > On 9/2/07, Jos Poortvliet <jos@mijnkamer.nl> wrote:
> > > Dear people,
> > >
> > > I have the first drafts for the Beta 2 announcement ready. This time,
> > have NOT contacted a bunch of distributions about their plans for Beta
> 2, as
> > I generally receive the same stuff (Kubuntu and OpenSuse have packages
> for
> > their stable distro, others only have packages in their development
> branch).
> > >
> > > I wrote about the summer of code results, this needs ppl to go
> through, as
> > I haven't contacted ALL students about their parts. And yes, it's not
> > complete, feel free to add stuff. I just don't have the energy and time
> > write extensively about ALL SoC stuff - its soo much...
> > >
> > > I have the Dot announcement, and the info page. Both not ready,
> probably
> > some errors etc.
> > >
> > > PLEASE just take a minute, read through it, and mention those small
> > mistakes you see (and the larger as well, of course). It's really a big
> > thing for me if you take this minute, and it doesn't cost you much time,
> so
> > again - please. I don't feel comfortable letting sebas do all the fixing
> of
> > my mistakes, he has enough to do, and besides, more eyeballs... you know
> the
> > drill...
> >
> > Can I ask this again? If nobody can take 2 minutes to just read through
> it
> > and give comments, I just can't publish it... I can't let dannya and
> sebas
> > always do all fixes and corrections, that's just not fair. Is nobody
> capable
> > of reading 2 pages and giving some suggestions?
> >

> Holiday here today in the U.S.  I'm heading out for an old-fashioned
> BBQ today, but if no one has responded by the time I return tonight,
> I'll review.

thank you.

(I've basically just sealed my fate with others thinking "Oh, Wade
> will do it later" haven't I?)

Point is that it's just a minute or two, and it's not hard - no skills
needed besides the ability to read. And the more review, the better it is.
I'm pretty sure each and everyone on this list does have 2 minutes to spend
and give 1 or 2 comments... They don't even have to be good...
 So I'm a little meh about nobody responding :-(

Aah well

we'll see.

tnx and grtz