List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Napoleon
From:       "Wade Olson" <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2007-08-17 18:48:58

On 8/17/07, Zack Rusin <zack@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 17 August 2007 09:41:58 am Wade Olson wrote:
> > http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/6059.html
> >
> > Troy recently posted on this topic.  FWIW, if people are going to slim
> > down Konqueror into a thinner file browser Dolphin, then it seems
> > sensible that the web browsing side would be done as well (a la
> > thinning Mozilla to Firefox).
>
> cute. whoever are the webkit people that want to be writing the browser but
> don't want to duplicate the efforts that troy mentions in this blog are bunch
> of damn pussies and are just as irrelevant as a bible on a gangbang.

GangBang has been added to the list of potential names.

> discussing the name of the non-existent browser, due to the fact that people
> would like to write non-existent browser but are afraid that other
> non-existant browser will duplicate their non-existent effort is definitely
> up there on the "doh" scale.

Well, I think that's the whole point of Troy's post - he was at
aKademy and totally lost track of the people that were purported to be
working on it.  So whether it's non-existent or not was TBD.

"What makes a good application name?" is a constant thread here, which
is why I posted it in passing.  Once again emails sent in passing get
10X the response volume as when I'm actually asking for something.

We can now continue with why GangBang might be better used as a bit
torrent client than a browser.