List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] How to write about KDE
From:       Vlad Blanton <vblanton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-03 21:56:58

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 23:31 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hi guys,

Hello

> Today I thought how usefull it might be for journalists who want to
> write about KDE to have a list of places to look for information. So I
> went and wrote the attached document. It's not complete - most notably
> is missing information to write about less technical things like how
> the community functions.
>
> Anyway, I would like comments on:
> - how usefull is it

I think that it is very useful for press.  I am sure that there are many
people contemplating an article on kde/kde4 and not knowing enough to
begin the search (beyond kde.org and possibly the Dot).

> - if it's usefull, where can I put it, and how to advertise it
> - comments on and additions to the text itself.

There should be a "Press" link (like the aKademy site has) on the main
kde.org website either under the navigational section "Explore" or
"About KDE".

On that note, recent planetkde posts should probably be aggregated on
the homepage of the kde website just like latest applications and news
are.  It would help press find planetkde quickly.

Take care,

Vlad Blanton