List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] s/project/community
From:       Pier-Olivier Thibault <ximaginex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-11 19:28:58

On Friday 11 May 2007 12:38:58 pm Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> Il Friday 11 May 2007 18:28:02 Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> > In my opinion "KDE Community" seems much less <i>professional</i> than
> > "KDE Project".
>
> But we can use it as the main brand, making leaf projects the others:
>
> Koffice - A kde community project.
> Kde - the kde community Desktop environment.
>
> We can produce some sort of virtual stick to apply to sites and interfaces
> that represent the kde community endorsment to the project...

I agree with you.

Both of them words needs to be used with caution.

Software = Projects

KDE = community

so KDE is a bunch of software that are glued together by a community, an
ideal.

I don't know who brought the "end" signification with the use of the
word "project" but I seriously thing it is over-rated. To me a project is
something that needs to be built, that needs to be thought through and that
will, if successful, improve the society.

It has no means of ending because projects are usually parent of future
projects that will depend on the finality of the primary one.

Saying project means an end.. it's like not using the word life because it
implies death.. which is ridiculous.

Take words for what they are.. not what you want them to mean..