List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Proposal: Semi-regular KDE-promo IRC meetings
From:       Pier-Olivier Thibault <ximaginex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-31 14:28:03

On Friday 30 March 2007 11:37, Wade Olson wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to propose having scheduled KDE-promo meetings.  I have
> very little opportunity to be on IRC on a daily basis, so maybe there
> is plenty of collaboration going on already.
>
> But what do people think?  Every other week is fine to begin with.
> Weekends are the best time for me.
>
> The agendas don't have to be earth-shattering; but we should really
> start making a concerted effort to get our act together for KDE 4.0
> (and in general).
>

> Thanks,
> Wade
yeah could be nice.

I think we should see this meeting more globally as the marketing platform
that KDE uses is pretty much new and incomplete, the KDE4 proposals for
marketing would only be the theme of our marketing plans.

I know a few things have been proposed based on sebas' presentation and Tom
Chance's articles. But I think some of the points brought on both side needs
to be discussed about and get more thought through.

Basically, what would need to be planned out is a basic structure of how the
marketing platform should be used by us and how could the people that
develops softwares for KDE could benefit from us.

We need to remind ourselves that we have three different set of customers we
are serving with promoting KDE:

1. Users
2. Enterprise
3. KDE Project.

The KDE-magazine that Troy Unray (sry if it's not how it's spelled) thought
about was a pretty good start at delivering a nice marketing framework for
the the KDE project.

Our website on www.kde.org is most probably focussed on delivering content to
end users more than enterprises. It also provides information for new comers
that would like to start developing. You could agree that this website would
need some more love from us, the marketing team.

The enterprises get most of our promotion through the events. These events
should get more "marketized" once the new SpreadKDE framework will go live as
our main priority was to deliver a good framework for people organizing
events.

I think all of this could well possibly talked about on a marketing meeting.

Weekends are good for me too.. just depend what time as I live in Quebec, not
in Europe :)

Pier-Olivier Thibault